Based in Washington, DC, Capitol Seniors Housing has successfully acquired or developed more than 60 seniors housing communities.
CSH is a joint venture partner with The Carlyle Group (Carlyle), one of the world’s largest private equity groups with $162.0 billion under management. The firm is also a joint venture partner with one of the largest university endowments in the word. Both CSH and Carlyle are headquartered in Washington, D.C.
CSH was formed in the fall of 2003 with a mission to opportunistically acquire, develop and own independent living, assisted living and continuum of care retirement communities (CCRCs) in major U.S. markets. CSH utilizes third party operators to manage the facilities on a fee or joint venture basis.
To date, the company has amassed a nationwide portfolio of 85 assets valued at over $1.75 billion, including its most recent acquisition, University Living located on South Main Street in Ann Arbor, Michigan. CSH has also realized a combined gross profit of $525 million for its investors with the timely sale of certain assets within a ten year period. This track record has enabled the company to post an overall portfolio IRR in excess of 48%.
With a combined 100+ years of experience in the senior living industry CSH executes its investment strategy by committing to its guiding principles:
- Working with integrity and transparency.
- Achieving superior returns through the creative use of capital and disciplined, hands-on asset management and an in-depth knowledge of our product type.
- Exceeding investor expectations for service, reporting and the maintenance and performance of our communities.
- Creating proprietary deal flow through extensive broker, lender, investor and operator contacts.
- Pairing an entrepreneurial spirit with institutional execution.